Since its inception in 2006 and in less than a decade, the programme has become a transformative step in the lives of 181 women entrepreneurs in over 46 countries, creating over 5,000 jobs.
The 18 finalists, representing the top 3 projects from each of the 6 regions, will receive:
- One-to-one personalized business coaching prior to the Awards week
- Series of entrepreneurship workshops, knowledge sessions and networking events during the Awards week
- Media visibility
- A place on the INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship 6-Day Executive Programme (ISEP)
- Networking opportunities through the Cartier Awards community
First prize for the 6 laureates to be announced at the Awards Ceremony in Singapore:
- US$ 100 000 in prize money
- One-to-one personalized business mentoring
Second prize for the 12 finalists:
- US$ 30 000 in prize money
The Call for Applications is open until August 31st on: https://application-form.cartierwomensinitiative.com/
In 2017, Salma Abdulai from Ghana was Laureate for the Sub-Saharan region with her company Unique Quality Product that processes and markets fonio- an indigenous nutritious cereal which grows well even in harsh climates- providing training and credit facilities to farmers. Who will be our Laureate in 2018?